About the Capilano University Institutional Repository
The Capilano University Institutional Repository provides free online access to scholarly and creative works by the Capilano University community and items related to the University’s history.
For more information about our institutional repository, please contact:
Scholarly Communications and Copyright Librarian
Digital Services Librarian
- CapU History
- Student Work
- Faculty Publications (in-progress)
- Open Educational Resources (proposed)
The CapU repository is part of Arca, a collaborative initiative to support the development and implementation of digital repositories at BC post-secondary institutions. Foundational to the creation of the proposed Provincial Digital Library, Arca is a province-wide network of institutional repositories that:
• provides access to faculty and student research output across multiple post-secondary institutions via a cross-repository search layer
• supports the management of institutional digital assets
• showcases BC as a hub for knowledge creation across Canada and around the world.
Arca is built on Islandora, a Canadian-developed open-source platform currently in use at over 100 public and private institutions worldwide. This shared platform provides post-secondary institutions with open-access repositories for research, theses, and any other digital assets they wish to make available to the wider community.
With thanks to Kwantlen Polytechnic University’s KORA and Emily Carr University of Art and Design for the borrowed text.